There are many reasons why you might have massage therapy or choose to have regular treatments.
These reasons can range from:
- dealing with stress – finding a way to deal with stress related disorders such as tension headaches, depression and anxiety
- seeking relief from acute and chronic muscular skeletal pain – such as back, shoulder, neck and RSI pain
- preparing for a sporting event – or simply as a regular sports treatment
- needing a bit of ‘me time’ – enjoying the calm and peace of a relaxing and indulgent massage treatment.
Remedial massage separates scar tissue and realigns muscle tissue, with an aim to restore the body to a pain free, balanced state; it does use techniques as Soft Tissue Release (STR) Neuromuscular Technique (NMT) and Muscle Energy Technique (MET).
Sometimes remedial massage can be a little uncomfortable, but only in a way that you will instinctively know is beneficial.
Sports massage prevents and relieves conditions and injuries that are associated with exercise. The treatment can often be quite vigorous at times and is meant to relieve and reduce the stress and tension that can build up within the body’s soft tissues while exercising. Techniques used within the treatment include Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Stretching (PNF), Miofascial release, Trigger point therapy, etc.
Warm Bamboo Massage
If you’re looking for a rejuvenating massage treatment, there’s nothing better than warm bamboo massage therapy.
Bamboo massage is an innovative way to provide Swedish or deep tissue massage. Using special steam pressed bamboo sticks that have been heated to roll and knead muscles while the heat from the warm bamboo seeps into the muscles and body and an extreme sensation of relaxation and well-being can be achieved.
Clients say that they often can’t distinguish between the therapist hands and the bamboo sticks, combine this with a calm environment, soft soothing music and the use of special essential oils and there is only one way to describe this therapy – BLISS!
The benefits of warm bamboo massage include:
- Can increase circulation thereby helping the body’s natural healing process
- The warmth helps aid relaxation
- Can bring relief from sore muscles
- Can promote more restful sleep and help alleviate sleeping disorders
- Can help relieve stress and tension